System Administrator Level II
From the Desk of:
Do you love computers and technology in general? Do you get extreme satisfaction when computer networks and systems are well run and are an asset to an organization? Do you want to pursue a career track with growth potential? Then this job could be the right fit for you! With over 15 years of IT experience, I shaped ZenTek Data Systems into a core values driven company that has successfully serviced the South Florida area for over three years. I am looking for the right person to join the team. This is a full-time position (part time opportunity available also) for a certified engineer (technology guru) who is eager and excited to become a member of our family!
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, administer, and/or setup (as applicable):
- Windows Desktops and Laptops (Proficient Mac experience a huge plus), printers, telephones, fax machines, firewalls, routers, and network switching & routing
- Network systems & related issues (Cisco, Sophos, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, ISP)
- Microsoft-based server systems (Windows Server, Active Directory, Group Policy, PowerShell, DFS, Exchange Server, SQL Server, SharePoint)
- Microsoft cloud-based systems (Office 365, Azure, SharePoint, OneDrive)
- Mobile devices and phones (iOS, Android, Windows)
- Install and troubleshoot backups for Windows servers and workstations
- Remote and on-site support & occasional training for users
- Technical leadership and guidance to other field technicians and System Administrators.
- Prepare and meticulously maintain documentation of server, desktop, network, printer, and various other configurations.
- Strong ability to take networks and computer systems of unknown configuration and status and decipher how a system is put together and configured.
- Go on site to future clients and rescue systems from a failed state.
- Consult with our clients about other opportunities that will increase their productivity.
- Success as a Systems Administrator Level II is based on the following:
- Client networks are proactively maintained utilizing our remote monitoring and maintenance tool and established procedures.
- Successfully and consistently documenting all steps taken and next steps left when working in ticketing system.
- Clear and succinct communication with our clients (no geek speak) and the ZenTek team of internal clients.
- Continual personal and professional development with the pursuit of technical and vendor certifications
- Consistent and accurate time tracking
- Exceeding client expectations while ensuring service performed has resolved the root cause of the issue
- Assisting with and/or completing escalated tickets from Level I Engineers
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in computer network management.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT related field preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) Certification completed or nearly completed.
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) would be cool.
- Ability to solve practical problems, deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exist, interpret a variety of instructions, and clearly document processes and steps taken to resolve issues in simple and easy terms that clients will understand.
- Excellent understanding of TCP/IP functions including routing, switching, VLANs, DNS and ISP internet connectivity and configuration.
- Excellent knowledge of PC (Mac would be awesome) hardware and Windows Server and Desktop operating systems
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot standalone, networked printers and high-volume copier/printers.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Visio.
- Good working knowledge of iOS and Android devices specifically when connecting to Microsoft services such as Exchange/Office 365.
- Basic working knowledge of Windows Mobile devices (Windows phone, Surface).
Based on experience, education, performance and certification.
This position is a full time salaried position with benefits.
*An equal opportunity employer. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. All applicants are required to have clean DMV report. A background check and drug test must be passed.